Eyebrows are a hugely important feature of our face. We use them to convey emotion and expression, but they are also there to protect our eyes from everyday things such as dust and sweat.
Some people suffer from hair loss in the eyebrow region; an issue that eyebrow restoration is there to treat.
At DHI Manchester, we aim to contribute to the health and well-being of all patients who suffer from hair disorders. But what is eyebrow restoration? Here is all you need to know about this treatment.
What is Eyebrow Restoration?
Eyebrow restoration is a surgical procedure used to reposition the eyebrow. As we get older, a common occurrence we can suffer from is the descent of the eyebrow. Eyebrow repositioning is a commonly performed procedure in cosmetic surgery, where the brow is repositioned to correct the descent.
Eyebrow restoration is important to those suffering from eyebrow hair loss as it helps to restore the confidence in face-to-face interactions where we use our eyebrows to indicate a plethora of emotion. Well-shaped eyebrows can help to accentuate the cheekbones and help them and your bone structure stand out.
This medical procedure is a simple and easy way of recreating the natural and protective function of the eyebrow. In order to combat the hair loss, our eyebrow restoration clinic in Manchester incorporates the DHI Medical Group-developed eyebrow restoration treatments – DHI Direct Hair Implantation and DHI Micropigmentation.
Advantages of Using Eyebrow Restoration
If you find yourself without your natural eyebrows, you might feel very conscious of your appearance, and this can cause self-esteem issues and anxiety. Our eyebrow restoration treatments provide you with natural looking eyebrows, helping to bring back your confidence. Here are some results from our Eyebrow Restoration treatment.
There are many more advantages and benefits that eyebrow restoration can bring:
- It involves the guidance of leading cosmetic surgeons, resulting in a refined complete look.
- With this permanent look, you still have the chance to experiment with different brow shapes.
- Your eyebrow density will improve, enhancing your facial appearance.
How Does Hair Transplantation Work?
This treatment is completed within five steps:
- The doctor thoroughly designs the eyebrow area according to the needs of the patient and the defined symmetry.
- The doctor then counts the number of required hairs and assesses the kind of follicle grafts required for natural result and density.
- The required hair follicles are extracted from the donor area (usually the back of the head).
- The extracted hair follicles are then placed into the eyebrow area.
- The implanted hair grows for a lifetime.
Causes of Eyebrow Hair Loss
There are numerous reasons that can cause eyebrow hair loss, some of which could be self-inflicted or due to medical conditions. Here are four causes:
- Over-plucking. This is the most common cause of eyebrow hair loss (and can occur due to current eyebrow trends, for example).
- Nutrient Deficiency. Deficiencies that negatively affect hair on your scalp can also lead to sparse eyebrows. Iron and Zinc help the hair follicles to grow, these can be found in lean meat, also, vitamin D and protein activate hair and cell growth and repair. A balanced diet can do so much for your hair growth.
- As you get older, your hair gets thinner and drier, resulting in hair loss becoming more common. This process also affects your eyebrows.
- Eyebrow hair loss can occur if an individual has suffered any physical or chemical trauma to the face.
If you find you’re suffering from eyebrow thinning and hair loss, and want to find out more about our treatments, get in touch with a member of our team today who can provide you with more information.